View Single Post

Thanks for the replys guys. Last night I set the timing at low and high RPM. I had an old timing light so I bought a new inductive advance timing light which made it WAY easier to set the timing. Anyways, it turns out that the timing was off by about 6 deg. So I set it at idle 10+/-2deg (with vac hose connected) and at 4000RPM at 26+/-4deg (with vac hose disconnected). Then I had to adjust the idle speed back up cause it slowed down too much, then I double checked the timing. It shuts down a lot better now.

I did this about 4-5 times yesterday and night. With the O2 sensor hooked up I would experience a slight but noticeable surging at cruising speed. When I disconnect the O2 sensor it's smoooooth. So I left the O2 unhooked and made sure the timing is correct. Now I just want to make sure my AFR is correct. Is there a way I can check this without an LM1? I still have the OEM exhaust, with the CAT, hooked up.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)