View Single Post

Cool Just another wonderful morning in the turrrrbo!

Sorry, but I just had to reflect and share my driving experience into work this morning.

"It's such a perfectly crisp morning", I thought to myself as I slid into the plush black leather seats. Just like a kid with a new toy, I fired her up without hesitation, just to hear this monster bark to life and settle to a steady purposeful rumble.

For the first 10-15 minutes I babied her through the morning traffic, hoping I'd get a clear stretch of road to clear her throat a bit. The intercooler temp gauge was registering a cold 11DegC on the outlet and the throttle response was nice and crisp. She begged and tempted me to give her more throttle, but I had to resist until I got a clear lane ahead of me.

Eventually, the perfect opportunity presented itself. Pole position at a red light with the entrance to the FWY only 300m ahead of me I switched the EBC to the "insane preset" (1.2bar), gently engaged 1st gear and waited impatiently for the light to change. A few seconds before the lights were going to go green, I build up the revs just enough to get the turbo spooling and as soon as the lights changed, I unleashed the hounds of hell

The tacho swings to redline through 1st -> 3rd as the 285's struggle to maintain any form of traction. The telltale boost needle slams to 1.2bar in each gear as I fight the g-forces to reach for the next gear. The acceleration in this car is brutal, yet exhilarating.

It's moments like these that reminds me why I built this car. Uncivilised brutal raw power - There's really no substitute
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition

Last edited by WydRyd; 04-02-2007 at 04:33 PM..
Old 04-02-2007, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)