View Single Post
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
I have a 1992 Turbo, and it is my primary driver when its not snowing or I am on the motorcycle.

I am no expert, but with the exception of the intercooler, the 3.3 L motor is my car is basically the same as in the earlier cars. The transmission I belive is the same G50 as in the 89 930's. The suspension is different as the 91 and 92 use coilovers on all four corners. I know I have read up on the brakes, but there are folks that know a lot more about them than me, so I won't even discuss them.

The biggest and most obvisous differences are the bumpers and rockers are different, the interior is a little different, but not much. The AC in my works better, which could be a concern if you are daily driving it.

The 94 Turbo is a whole different beast, and command a pretty hefty price difference.

From a daily driver stand point, my 92 has been pretty heavily modified, I have actually dialed back some of the performance so that the engine will live longer. It had 1.1 bar worth of springs in the WG, and I went down to .8, etc.

My commute is 60 miles each way, and I get about 20 mpg, and actually look forward to my drive.

I say go for it.

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)