View Single Post

to use 996TT OEM wheels you ned to leave the 28MM stock spacer in place in the rear (You can go slightly largerto 32MM with custom spacers and stock studs - NO ADAPTORS) and up front you need to use another set of factory rear 28MM spacers with the longer 52MM wheel studs. This is very easy to do up front - 30 minutes a side max to remove the hub, press out the old studs and press in the new ones. I have 996TT wheels on my car for the past 2 years. Everyone I asked at a few of the nationally recognized wheel / tire venues told me WRONG. I had to find out for myself through trial and error... I"ll post pics later if neeed. Sorry for the late reply but I hope this helps. This has ensure a nice smooth, shimmy and vibration free setup on my 930. Make sure you adjust your fron't whel bearings properly so that they are not too loose or too tight. Use quality, high pressure wheel grease while you are in there and repack the bearings...
E-man930
Old 04-05-2007, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)