View Single Post

You think that's expensive? Guess how much Billet Design or Protomotive charge for a set of headers I know you get what you pay for, but some of the prices I've been quoted is out of this world

Then, when people mention names like GSF or OBX, they shriek because they are cheap and don't really have a long reputation in Porsche circles.

Also, there's something about running headers with heater boxes around them that makes me shy away. I'm not a fan of wrapping already glowing red headers with heater boxes. It just accelerates the rate of deterioration of the welds IMHO. Then people wonder why they can smell exhaust fumes in their cockpit when the heater is turned on Very dangerous solution!

I have Protomotive's engine oil cooler heat exchanger, which works OK in our climates, but the only down-side is that it requires the engine oil to heat up to operating temps before it's really effective. Your kickpanel/footwell blowers also have to be in good functional condition too
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition

Last edited by WydRyd; 04-05-2007 at 08:05 PM..
Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)