View Single Post

F350Lawman, as I understand it your main focus (in terms of $$) is handling. IIRC you are sticking with the stock Fuchs 16's. Have you considered wider wheels and tires?

Also, several folks have suggested raised front spindles. If you lower the car significantly you should consider this route (with a bump steer kit like ERP) to keep the front geometry from getting too far out of whack.

Doing the suspension right will be damn close to your whole budget so it might be wise to stay out of the engine for the time being. The problem with half measures is that it's pretty labor intensive to go back later and do it right. You'll know what I mean when you see the bill for the lower/align/corner balance if you get it done right.

Here's what I have on my 911 RSR Look (turbo flares):

1. 23F, 29R bars (obviously this would be different for a Turbo)
2. Bilsteins custom-valved to match the bars, raised front spindles
3. ERP bump-steer kit
4. Elephant front camber plate/monoballs and strut brace
5. rear monoballs
6. Elephant bushings front and rear
7. Sway-a-way adjustable spring plates
8. Smart Racing sway bars F/R with Wevo rear mounts.
9. Lindsey Racing 9x17 F, 11x17R wheels, 255F and 275R Toyo RA1's

I love the Smart Racing sway bars for their extreme quality and ajustablility, but if I were to skimp on one thing it would be sway bars, because you can upgrade them later without disturbing the alignment and corner balance, assuming they are properly ajusted for zero preload.

'87 930
'73 911T
Old 04-05-2007, 11:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)