View Single Post

F350, not to change the subject, but did you get your blown six inter cooler? If so, how do you like it? It seems to be of high quality

Problems at Customs at the U.S./Canadian border seems to have delayed delivery, it now should be here on Monday. If so, I will put it on myself (provided it is plug and play) and post my thoughts.

F350Lawman, as I understand it your main focus (in terms of $$) is handling. IIRC you are sticking with the stock Fuchs 16's. Have you considered wider wheels and tires?

Also, several folks have suggested raised front spindles. If you lower the car significantly you should consider this route (with a bump steer kit like ERP) to keep the front geometry from getting too far out of whack.

Doing the suspension right will be damn close to your whole budget so it might be wise to stay out of the engine for the time being. The problem with half measures is that it's pretty labor intensive to go back later and do it right. You'll know what I mean when you see the bill for the lower/align/corner balance if you get it done right.

Here's what I have on my 911 RSR Look (turbo flares):

1. 23F, 29R bars (obviously this would be different for a Turbo)
2. Bilsteins custom-valved to match the bars, raised front spindles
3. ERP bump-steer kit
4. Elephant front camber plate/monoballs and strut brace
5. rear monoballs
6. Elephant bushings front and rear
7. Sway-a-way adjustable spring plates
8. Smart Racing sway bars F/R with Wevo rear mounts.
9. Lindsey Racing 9x17 F, 11x17R wheels, 255F and 275R Toyo RA1's

I love the Smart Racing sway bars for their extreme quality and ajustablility, but if I were to skimp on one thing it would be sway bars, because you can upgrade them later without disturbing the alignment and corner balance, assuming they are properly ajusted for zero preload.

Tires are brand new so the will stay for now, and when they go, I will move up to 17s or 18s and new rubber.

I went with most things as planned, I have on order or already have.

1. Smart racing adj. sways (27mm front and rear)
2. Sanders hollow torsion bars from ERP (24mm front, 33mm rear)
3. Bilsteins all around to match the new bars
4. Rear monoballs
5. new urethane bushings throughout (he swears by a brand he gets and says when he fits them and puts the correct "stuff" he said it's not grease...they work great and stay that way. He has them in his C4 so that tells me he believes in them)
6. Wevo Camberking w/ carbon fiber bar (mechanic thought it was cost affective and a good performer rather than ordering the monoball, plate and bar seperately)
7. Sway-Away adj spring plates ( my mechanic sugested these so I added them to my list)
8. New reinforced mounts for the rear sway bar
9. Bump steer
10. Ball joints
11.Blownsix 1/2 bay cooler
12. XD-14 and LC1 AFR gauge and probe
12. Brian Leask RPM activated Solenoid
14. New Weltmeister tow hooks front and rear (one of mine was bent by PO and besides those red ones look cool )
15. And of course... corner balance and allignment

The only thing I didn't get was the rear slip over helper coil setup. My mechanic felt it wasn't needed and said we could add them easy enough if I really wanted them later. I trust him and we agreed on everything else, so deferred on this. We will see.

The T-bars are on back order so work should start in 3-weeks when they come in.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s

Last edited by F350Lawman; 04-06-2007 at 01:49 PM..
Old 04-06-2007, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)