View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
Well the project is still progressing along. I bolted on the B&B headers and started to test fit the K27 7200 this morning. Well, by a "direct bolt-on" I guess they meant that the bolt pattern on the headers is the same cause that is about IT for the "just toss it on in place of the K26" idea.. Engine tin? Yep, you have to cut it out for clearance. Thing is I wanted to be able to easily get the "snake" pipe out so I had already modified the tin (read that as cut an area out). The pipe itself may hay to be shortened, haven't gotten that far yet. The intercooler inlet pipe has to be cut and a transitional hose (2" silicone in my case) is used to connect the K27 to the IC. The steel turbo brace is way off but after cutting it in half/changing the angles/rewelding it fits great. I pity the guy that doesn't have the tools to do all that! Then let's add in the oil line change for the B&B headers... THAT was fun! Thank GOD I had a cutoff wheel so I could get a 36mm socket on the left side and a small air saw to cut the line at the fitting at the thermostat so I could use a 4' breaker bar on it! That and $400 got me the two oil lines and I was ready to go.. except how do I get the new lines tightened? Ahhh.. I invented the 36mm oil line wrench! Take a new (NAPA-Everlast-Chinese) wrench and use your cutoff wheel to whack a 3/4" piece of the boxed end out--- VOILA instant tubing wrench! Worked great, oil lines on. How about those B&B headers and trying to get the inner (allen) nuts on? Tried cutting an Allen wrench down, NG. I finally used regular SS nuts and custom bent a box wrench to get in to tighten them..

Ok, enough whining for one day, tomorrow is mount the muffler and IC day, hopefully turn the key for the 1st time in a few weeks.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)