View Single Post

Garage
Second Gear Getting Ugly

My 87 transmission is having issues. Ran the car last week at California Speedway and noticed getting on it hard the transmission burped out of second gear. Seemed to be OK the rest of the day. It has required more shifting care than any other 4 speed I have driven besides the lousy linkage and position. Yesterday, I took it for a spin to get gas and it wouldn't stay in second. When you would try to Shift into second it would go in and kick it back out. Readjusted linkage with no positive results. When I bought the car It had a 915 shifter in it?????Yes... It is a a real 930. So my question is. Have any of you experienced problems like this? I'm sure it needs to be repaired. What causes the transmission to pop out of gear? It didnt grind going into second just when it kicks it out and you try to put it back in????? Can I fix this at home with some instructions. If not...Anyone know a reasonable tranny mechanic in S0-Cal...

Help..

Bob
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)