View Single Post

Thinking about a early 930 but..

ive got no experience with this cars, the car im looking for is a 77 with 130000mls. Ive got this informations from the owner.

What do you think about ??

Exceptional 1977 Porsche Turbo. this is the 3.0 liter engine that was only available for two years. It's been totally upgraded with Porsche chain tensioner upgrade, new boost spring, Porsche intercooler, new hybrid turbo, custom exhaust, 3.8 tail, new clutch and much more. The interior has a new dash and headliner. The seat leather as you can see is excellent and still supple.New air conditioning compressor and new CD, radio and external changer with new upgraded speakers add to the comfort . I have service records on the car back to it's first year of 1977. This car has always been well treated and cared for by the best. Original Paint is very good and so dark that many people think the car is black until they get a good look at it's rich color. Original tail and radio also available if buyer has an interest. This car has never been tracked to my knowledge and drives very very well.

the guy hade made a service at his mechanic, wrote this:

All lubrication and oil change done. Tires worn, fronts are cupped on inner(normal)rears have aprox 7/10k left.Several slight oil leaks,cam chain covers,cyl 5/6 liners to case,trans shift shaft seal,oil pump for turbo,These may improve with use or not.Chemically washed down and inspected steering and suspension.Rear shocks seeping,but still damping effectively.Fronts a little weak, but still okay.Steering components are okay.Interior in good shape. Center vent missing.Hood struts weak.Washer system weak.Left nozzel is plugged shut, we cleaned right side.Overall, it is way above average for a thirty year old 930.Degreased engine and repacked wheel bearings and races. It cost $450.00 to get the work done

Thats all.
I would be very glad for any comments
Thanks
Tom
911 S 77
911 T Targa 69

and the other toys Mercedes 300 GE, 350 SLC, Alfa Spider 78, BMW 320 conv, R 1100 S, R 80 S/T 85
Old 04-11-2007, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)