View Single Post

Cool Dude! Your car was on fire!!!

** WARNING: Those who do not approve of extreme high speed street driving - DO NOT READ!!! **

It's Saturday night and I'm dead bored out of my whits! SO, I decide to go to the not-so-local video store to pick up a couple videos for the night and I take the long route down the FWY (as us HP junkies do when we're bored)

I jump onto the FWY's shoulder entrance and notice a few cars beside me along the FWY. I know if I maintain this speed I'll have to slow down and merge with the group of cars approaching, so what does one do? There's a perfectly clear road ahead and it's a 100km/h zone, so I do what any other person with a few hundred horses under his feet does, I put the pedal to the metal

The redline to 3rd comes in no time at all and not long afterwards, I've already hit the redline in 4th gear with the boost needle pinned at 1.25bar. Damn, I've exceeded the speed limit by a factor of two already I figure, NOW is probably a good time to back off, so I decellerate abruptly and wait for the traffic to catch up.

As I look in the driver's side mirror, I can see a bright yellow glow flashing behind me for about 4-5 seconds Yup, excess fuel being dumped past the glowing red hot headers! What a glorious site that is

The cars behind me start flashing their headlights frantically and one of the cars eventually catch up to me. The passenger rolls down his window and shouts "DUDE, YOUR CAR WAS ON FIRE!!!". I simply reply "Yeh, it does that from time to time mate. It's cool!" and he shouts "That's sick dude!".

By this time, the exit is nearing, so I drop her down into 3rd and plant my foot again to exit, backing off as the intersection nears. Again, bright yellow flashes light up the path behind me

Damn I absolutely LOVE driving this car!
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 04-14-2007, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)