View Single Post
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
From memory, which is currently full. Severe data compression is resulting in recovery errors, or it's the beer.

Some results after aggressive track driving, Low 80s ambient temp:

Stock 930 at 1 bar, turbo 360 F out, I/C 250 F out.

K28 with Andial half bay I/C at 1 bar, turbo 350 F out, I/C 170 F out. (No A/C condenser or shrouding)

Of course cooler is better. The higher the HP the closer you come to the engines thermal limits as indicated by Porsche having to resort to different fans and water cooling on race engines. However, street motors and mild to moderate track motors seem to stand up fine presuming nothing is out of whack, IE A/F or timing.

40-50 c post intercooler sounds fine. I'm surprised that you only see 90 c turbo out temp. Is the temp probe stabilized or can you tell? Perhaps it would go higher after heavy load and heat soak.

Craig reported some impressive intercooler discharge temps which were within 10 degrees of ambient. It was in a new thread he posted a couple weeks ago. Note that he has significant shrouding causing all the cooling fan air to be drawn through the I/C, and his specific test did not include heat soak.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)