Thread: 1/4 mile times
View Single Post

Kellcats521,
Sorry, have to disagree. Regardless of your background, and I mean no disrespect to you or your knowledge of cars or drag racing but, did you race yourself?. Race clutches are usually on or off, there really is'nt much 'slip' in them. If you've got a lightning fast reaction time and 60ft time is good you did not slip the clutch.
I am still sort of in drag arena as friends still race heavily, one in fact has a top fuel door slammer, 6.1secs at 380kph and I can tell you that is pop the clutch and go.
Once the car is off the line and moving you can then regulate wheelspin with throttle control, but the most important thing is to get the launch right. You've seen cars pull wheelies off the line right from the get go, that ain't clutch slip.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)