Thread: 1/4 mile times
View Single Post

Okay, I'll concede. Only to fact that your talking about 3500-7000HP machines. I think we're all aware that these are particulary extraordinary machines that require very different measures to get the power to the ground, and yes I am aware of multi-stage clutches etc. We are talking about 300-600HP cars. I think they are very different. In fact I know they are very different.
Kellcats, do have a 930? Try your own shootout doing clutch slip and clutch drop. Get a friend to do a stopwatch start time, not the best I know, but you'll be surprised. Given two identical powered street cars ( 930's in this case, and not 750-900HP track weapons) with exactly the same setup I bet that the clutch slip would lose every time. My 930 is basically stock apart from exhaust and 1.0bar. I cannot beat a friends '05 GT3 off the line no matter how many times I try if do a 'soft' start. If I do the very cool burnout, 2 black lines down the road type start I can keep with him, just. And the smoking tyres start does look the best,lol .
And I'm not having a go at you nor is it a personal attack so please don't get agitated.

And yes, we do do things different down under

Last edited by dewolf; 04-17-2007 at 06:33 PM..
Old 04-17-2007, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)