View Single Post

Re: Results with 3.2 Carrera heads on a turbo engine?

Quote:
Originally posted by Noah Holcomb
I have been messing around with a couple different engine software simulation packages along with crunching numbers on my own. Maybe I have made an incorrect assumption along the way but I am obtaining some unexpected results regarding 3.2 heads on a turbo engine. In fact some of the estimations based on the information available show the 3.2 headed engine not performing as well as the 3.3 engine! I did not expect this outcome at all!

So, for all those running 3.2 heads on your turbo engine who have a dyno graph could you please post those dyno results along with a basic engine build sheet containing key parameters.
Noah,
I'd take a good look at cam specs - I'd expect that the 930 cam won't benefit much, if at all from the 3.2 head's bigger ports. Also, from what I've done with engine analyzer, it didn't seem that the program simulated forced induction accurately, especially with respect to cam profile. Most of the blown cars that I saw seemed to make more hp and torque than engine analyzer predicted.

Good luck!

Pat Kelley
Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)