View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
I bought my 87 factory slant that had 48K on it and was stored covered for several years in a hot dry climate. It presented beautifully, paint, canvas all primo. It ran great too..passed the engine inspection ok, compression etc good, minimal oil leak from valve covers, but I ended up replacing some of the fuel lines, vacuum lines (really hard and brittle), some of the wiring connections, fuses were a bit corroded, changed the tranny oil to Swepco, changed brake fluid, brakes on the front...and leather reconditioner to the leather seats (hot climate is hard on leather and door/window seals). CDI died after two weeks (put in MSD), changed plugs, windshield wipers hardened, and the outside mirrors needed a new switch . If your car has been sitting in a hot climate you more than likely won't have rust issues, but you will have (potentially) hardened seals, hoses, rubber parts, heater controls and cables, air conditioner won't work and probably needs charging etc. I would be a bit hinkey over the refusal to allow a PPI...but some old folks get that way...take it or leave it and it sounds like you're in hot pursuit. Their asking price is ....pricey. I paid quite a bit for mine, and ended up putting about another 2K into replacing "stuff". Make sure you have $2-3K set aside for "stuff"....and best of luck to you. Hope it turns out well. Please post pics if/when you get it. Chuck
Old 04-17-2007, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)