Thread: sc cams in 930
View Single Post

Re: sc cams in 930

Quote:
Originally posted by emsdoc
I am planning to put SC cams in my 930 rebuild...does anyone know if there is an aftermarket adapter to connect the turbo oil pump, or does it have to be made and installed before putting in the cams?

As I understand it, you can either use genuine SC cams and machine the end for the turbo pump drive, or get the 930 cams re-ground to the SC profile.

I think most people opt for the latter. John "camgrinder" did the ones in my motor.

Quote:
Also, I am interested in an aftermarket performance intercooler that will work with the ac condenser in the deck lid...anyone have one for sale?
965/C2T intercooler is generally reckoned to be a good upgrade over regular 930 - and I think they have the A/C condensor in the same place on the grille so no interference there?

There was one in the classifieds a few weeks ago.

Quote:
I appreciate all of the helpful information on the board...so far I am planning to rebuild the 3.3 with Sc cams, euro exhaust, 7200 or HF turbo, performance intercooler, 1 bar spring, ARP head studs and rod bolts..maybe euro CIS system.
Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Pretty close to my build, be interesting to see what it makes.

Consider getting Brian Leaske to rebuild/modify your WUR... You may never need to adjust it, but you'll wish you'd sent it to him if you do...
Old 04-19-2007, 01:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)