View Single Post

Since nobody replied, I will add my meager input. I just bought a BlownSsix 1/2 bay intercooler and like the B&B it replaces the op-off/diverter valve with an included unit. On the BlownSix it is a small Forge unit like this one LINK . You take off the big diverter valve unit, and replace it with this one. In my instructions it says you also need to plug one hole on the top off the motor that was covered by the factory unit. It says to use a freeze plug or bolt to close the hole (it is not included) .

I am not sure if the B&B diverter is on the cooler or a seperate piece like mine, that attaches to the top of the rubber connection as shown here on this Garretson unit. You see it on the far right on top of the large black "hose", attached to the orange hose.

As far as the long neck I can't find anything on the B&B but here is a picture and link to a post that explains it better on a long neck Kokeln (probably much the same???) Kokeln discussion
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 04-24-2007, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)