Thread: Body update?
View Single Post

Garage
Thanks, I think this fits to this thread, like all the other nice mods I saw here.

Quote:
Here`s a pic of my `85 Carrera with Strosek 993 widebody kit and 930/3,4 engine Twin-Garrett GT25`s
Dos Turbos: Yours is very interesting one. I was wondering if I would join this summer one of the Gatebil-events in Norway, may I contact you, if coming?

This particular piece of my car collection garage (Strosek 911 RUF Turbo) is a very racing modified version, but still completely road legal. Car is basically build towards full FIA GT specs (993 GT2 EVO -97 in mind) but it has some extra personal styling issues.

It has for instance:

Body modifications
-Vittorio Strosek full wide body kit (no, this car is never crashed or damaged, but a 911 in excellent condition with 2 owners, I'm the second. Ex owner just wanted to have excellent Strosek bodied car, so be it. I've been building this car further since I bought it 2004)
-water lines and body seams removed (expecially water line removal from the roof is a very painful project: so many layers of steel must be professionally welded together if you don't want to destory the whole body shell structure and rigidity).
-FVD lexan side and rear windows with factory racing adapters and air ducts (notice front windows without triangle window parts)
-FVD rear engine hood with air vents
-the car is very lightweight (kerb weight ca. 970kg, all liquids and gasoline full 1150kg)
-complete carbon fiber diffusor full bottom solution
-front bumper, side skirts and rear spoiler build by me to FIA GT-specs. (Those will be made also for 930-body for my friend and probably for the sale purposes also like these Strosek fitting units as well). I will make one set for myself with matt lacked carbon fiber surface as well.

Suspension
complete 935-style suspension by SmartRacingProducts
-with Fox coil overs (with external tanks and
-Eibach springs (600# front, 800# rear)
- adjustable very stiff sway bars (28mm front, 34mm rear)
- complete adjustable rear plates with extras
- complete adjustable front 935 arms
- of course all with uniball joints

Brakes
-largest Brembo Big Reds (350mm) available
-adjustable brake balance control
-Ferodo 3000 pads

Safety and interior:
completely stripped
-FVD-carbon fiber door plates
-FVD-carbon fiber dashboard
-suede leather on the top of the dashboard and on the upper top of the door plates
-full racing rollcage, 6-point harnesses
-Recaro SPG-Racer seats bolted
-electric fire extinquisher system
-interphone system for helmets and headphones with microphones (this car is quite noisy...)
-safety racing tank 120L

etc...

Engine
-RUF build Turbo engine with one huge strongly modified KKK-27/32
-935 adjsutable dual waste gate (street 0,6bar, track 1,1-1,3bar)
Ruf intercooler (this will change in the future to the bigger one)
-racing spec C-group sylinders and pistons
-racing spec B-group 12plug-heads and camshafts
-3 oil coolers in front
-12-plug RSR-ingnition unit
-Tial dump valve
Power and torque is very equal to 1997 Le Mans engines (FIA GT 993GT2 TT Evo) with the similar reliability: an excellent machine gun to shoot even every day and hour after hour with full load.

- gear box is set with a very long high gear (7500rpm / 345km/h) and without bottom plate diffusors and with very modarate rear wing downforce set up it almost reach it ). I'm dreaming of having one day RUF CTR 6-speed racing box (one they used in 962 Porsches as well)
etc. etc...

Here is something for the beginning

This car is my favourite when travelling to Nürburgring every now and then...

Last edited by petri; 04-24-2007 at 11:14 PM..
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)