View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Eric,
It might be your gearing. I don't get any boost in 1st gear because of my low gearing. The engine is redlines so quickly in first gear the turbo doesn't have a chance to spool up, plus turbo output (boost) is a function of exhaust gas velocity and EGT's. Temp's don't go up that much if the load is low because of numerical gearing.
If you are in second or third gear and your boost gauge max's out at the wastegate boost cutout level, you're ok.

If you're using the stock header system, you are going to see the lag you mention. The headers are too long for fast turbo spool up. I think your turbo is over matched for the header system in your car. Also, are you using the factory 930 cams in your car? These cams are pretty mild cams compared to the SC, 964 cams.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 04-26-2007 at 08:05 AM..
Old 04-26-2007, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)