View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Re: turbo scavenge pump - NOISY?

Quote:
Originally posted by sand_man

I've tried to use a stethoscope, but these engines are pretty noisy so it's hard for me to get a feel. Plus it's not so bad at idle...more audible when a load is on the engine.
Sandman,
My vote goes to an exhaust leak. The tick, if it were something in the scavenge pump area, would be the same regardless of load. Exhaust gas temps and velocity rises when the engine is under load. Are your EGR ports plugged up adequately? Are the header flanges/gaskets sealing properly? I almost flipped out when I looked at the header flange gaskets B&B sent me with their headers. They looked like they had been cut out by a torch! There was no way these POS were going to properly seal the flanges. I used the factory exhaust gaskets instead.
How about when the engine is cold versus warm? Is there any difference then?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 04-26-2007, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)