View Single Post

I'd highly recommend a GT30R if you want a quick spooling street turbo and you have decided on a Garrett solution.

I run a GT35R on my daily streeter and it's an awesome turbo, but it's unlikely I'd ever get to explore what the turbo is REALLY capable of. I'd go with a GT30R next time.

My GT35R is running oil cooled only (water ports left open) and it's been on the car for over 7 months now without any issues. Just exercise proper cool-down after a hard run and you'llbe fine.

My suggestion would be a GT30R with 0.82A/R GT Turbine Housing. You'll need to have your muffler inlet modified to suit the turbo. I'd recommend a 3" V-band interface for easy R&R in future. You'll also have to modify your oil drip tank to mate with the GT turbo, as it uses a different flange to the KKK/3DLZ.

If you don't want to go through all that trouble, then stick with a KKK solution, such as a K27-7200 or K27-HF/HFS. They should be a 100% drop in upgrade for the 3DLZ.

Good luck

EDIT: Mind you, if my car were a track car, I'd be running oil through the water ports as well, for extra cooling, durability & insurance. For street, running oil cooled only is fine
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition

Last edited by WydRyd; 04-26-2007 at 07:07 PM..
Old 04-26-2007, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)