View Single Post

These CO2 spraying devices have been around for awhile. They work but the real use for them in my opinion is in drag racing. People have been using CO2 canisters by just opening the valve and spraying CO2 all all over the intercooler for years in drag racing.

You can get the 20oz. bottle for $15 to $25 alone, and getting one filled is easy. Most sporting good stores that sell paint-ball equipment will have a fill station. That bottle in the kit shown is just that type of bottle, typically intended for use with paint-ball guns. To really cool down the intercooler you will use about 1/4 to 1/2 of a 20 oz. bottle. I'd say make your own kit if you want one as it would be cheaper and the end result would be nicer. The steel braided line in that kit looks just like a remote bottle line used in paint-ball if you want to carry the tank on you back or in a waist-pack. Remote lines cost about $10 to $20. Nitrous Express made a much higher quality version of this concept at one time, they might still make it but they were charging $350 and up for their kits, and that is a complete rip off considering how little engineering has to go into these kits and the cost of the materials. I am pretty sure most here have seen cars with a bags of ice on the intercooler at a drag strip or just before a dyno run trying to get the intake temps down, same basic concept.

Last edited by Noah Holcomb; 04-27-2007 at 07:40 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)