Thread: Rocket Fuel
View Single Post

Garage
Rocket Fuel

My '76 has all the goodies you can cram into a CIS system car. I had Imagine rebuild the engine nearly a year ago. I think I live in the only part of the world where not only can we not get decent gas 93 octane let alone 95 or 101. So yesterday I was finally able to buy 15 gallons of 101. I hauled it 200 miles home in 5 gallon containers Target has for 6 bucks. Wally world has the exact same item for 11. Anyway I overfilled and spilled a bit into my wifes new cars trunk before the trip home. I work at a chemical plant and that stuff smells like Benzene as I recall it. We phased it out 20+ years ago. It sure doesn't smell like gas.

So this morning my son and I blended in 5 gallons to 15 gallons that was in the tank. We went for a sprited ride on our little old 64 mile loop. We saw 3 oil field trucks in the first 28 miles. This is on an incredible newly paved FM road. Monster sweepers, 3-4 mile straights, perfect Sunday driving weather. Holding her at 3k rpms the punch was incredible with a stab at the pedal. That immediate blast with that little stab from 90 to 120 must be like crystal meth. Just a good day all in all. My son and I have been traversing this little secret highway since he was a toddler. He got to take the helm for only the second time ever. I think this was only the second time in 22 years I've been a passenger with a pilot that new how to take advantage of roads you can see forever on.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)