View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
Actually, I have been talking to the fellow who's selling the MaxSpeed headers...and according to him, he has sold about a dozen sets and has gotten great feedback from the customers. Granted, his comments might be considered by you folks as self serving, but he stated that his product line was coming from Taiwan, and that the quality of the welds was excellent. I spoke to one of his customers from Australia who stated that he was very satisfied with the quality of the of the workmanship and materials of the Maxspeed headers. I have no information about a comparison between the GHL and Maxspeed, but for the money, I'd be inclined to give the Maxspeed headers a try. I've spoken to Brian from GHL last January about his mufflers, and asked him if his product line was coming from Taiwan or China, and he said that his mufflers were being made in the US. I don't know if that statement meant that the headers were also made in the US or outsourced.

I think we're going to find that in order to be competitive, the outsourced headers and stainless products are golng to have to attain and mantain some decent quality standards in addition to being much more reasonably priced. Successfully breaking into a new market requires more than just a cheaper price.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)