View Single Post
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Hey Craig, the air actually flows the other direction when the car is in forward motion, though no airflow when stopped, this is a trade off. While in motion it relies on positive pressure above the wing versus negative pressure behind the car which moves air rearwards through IC core. My objective with this format eliminates hot intercooler discharge air from going into the engine cooling fan, secondly, the cooling fan moves something in exscess of 10,000 CFM at full song and this open deck lid eliminates ALL engine cooling fan starvation from shrouding or I/C restrictivness. So far inlet charge temps have been far lower than what I saw with my half bay Garretson which was shrouded within 6" of the right side of the deck lid.

Doing a lapping session at the track tonight, should be fun with all the new bits.

Edit: Post track update - Unbelievable performance! Though three changes were made at once (intercooler, throttlebody, injectors) the collective difference is vastly improved performance compared to before. Far more top end power, and wicked throttle response, likely as a result of a cooler inlet charge temperature.

Couple road course laps, camera is a little shakey, breaks up a bit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NEH5di4Yds

Last edited by Jim2; 05-16-2007 at 10:33 PM..
Old 05-09-2007, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)