View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

Angry B&B Headers - got a god d@mn hole!

Well, tonight I decided to pull my headers to investigate what I've suspected to be an exhaust leak at number three! It was hard to diagnose because I have B&B headers WITH heat and I could never see any real leakage occurring at the flange or around the exhaust port. It turns out the freaking pipe from number three has a hole about 1/4" in diameter (maybe slightly smaller) right as the pipe enters the heater box!!!!!!! So it's sort of hidden! And I never really used the heat this year...so no fumes pouring into the car. And from what I can tell, number six is about to burn a hole in the same spot! It looks like the weld used to hold the heater box to the pipe is possibly the culprit!

Now for the million dollar question: what to do? How to handle this? The previous owner had these installed. The receipt I found from B&B is from 4/5/2005. The expressed warranty at the bottom of the page says two years!!!!! This is BS! Is this a known defect? Should I even bother with B&B for any recourse? Keep in mind this could have been pretty dangerous if I had been using the heat!

This is my daily driver and now I'm down! After this experience, I'm tempted to get my next set WITHOUT heat so I can keep an eye on the entire length of pipe!

What say the dealers and experts on this site?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 05-09-2007 at 05:15 PM..
Old 05-09-2007, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)