View Single Post

Wink WUR mods for a warm 930

Hi all & love reading the posts about what has been a passion of mine for longer than I can remember and is now slowly becoming an addiction, or as the one who puts up with me likes to refer to it - an obsession. If only she could see (she doesn't drive, what the !*#?)

Any way - for today my question is.

Where to now, I don't want to break any records, just have a car that "breathes" and I know has a mild edge over standard (not that I ever plan to prove it to anyone but myself).

I have a '79 930 which I have recently completed a total engine rebuild on and now runs 964 cams, K27-7200, schnell non h/exch. headers, and a free flow twin outlet muffler. Currently using the standard wastegate & spring.

I have read about Brian Leasks adjustable WUR here but have been unable to google him, although I did read an article on how to modify a WUR somewhere but can't find that again.

The next main mods I am considering are:

Tial 40/46?mm wastegate with .9 or 1.0 bar spring
Some form of fuel enrichment, adj. WUR or UTCIS electronic WUR?
Some form of ignition/spark upgrade (are there noticeable hp benefits available here?)
An intercooler upgrade (the expensive bit me thinks)
And maybe if I really spoil myself a LM1 kit with an indash AFR/boost gauge.

My main goal at this stage is to protect the work done to date so recognising and managing boost and AFR levels are my primary concern.

Any thoughts on the best way to achieve this and which steps to take next would be greatly received. Thanks everyone - Konrad .
Old 05-10-2007, 01:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)