View Single Post

I change my map slightly to improve off boost response as well as to address my not-so-stable idle AFR issue. So far, she drives A LOT better.

I was at the track yesterday but didn't have a chance to datalog (instructing with a student in car). Still have more lag than I like but seem a little (very little) better, so I think all of you are right - it will likely be a tuning issue.

I also noticed that now it takes a heavier foot for boost to build - when it builds, it VERY fast. But what used to be "minute throttle movement" to build boost is now like I need to floor it to activate that initiate boost build up.

On the ignition timing front, yes, I will try to dig up the stock curve again to compare. I'm running quite a lot of advance (I think) in no boost situation (up to 30 deg then back to 16deg @ full boost/6000 rpm).

After speaking with Gerhard @ Bell Intercooler, he also suggested that tuning - he pointed out that with the CFM that the engine/turbo can flow, even if the intercooler is way too big by 1 cu-ft, it will only take ~.1 sec longer to fill (i.e. .1 sec more lag)....
Old 05-12-2007, 03:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)