View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Porsche Crest Clutch and Shock Advice Needed

Hey guys. I posted this over at Rennlist, but I thought perhaps I would get a few more answers here.

I have an '87 930 to which I am currently adding the following modifications: K27 HF, Blown-six intercooler, 1 bar spring, GHL exhaust, GSF headers, free-flow filter, A/F meter.

I'm replacing the clutch. My car only has 25k miles and I believe the clutch is original. I know I have to replace the rubber center with spring centered. But will the basic Sachs kit hold the new HP? If not, any recommendations?What are you guys using with similar mods? Is anyone running a lightweight flywheel with similar mods?

Current suspension is stock lowered to a bit below Euro height. My front end is super floaty and I believe my front shocks are toast. The shocks front/rear are green - Bilstiens I believe? I'd like a more aggresive set-up (not ready to go coil-over at this point.) I'm thinking Bilstien Sports? I think I've read somewhere about a Bilstien HD/Sport combo front/rear? What does this achieve?

Looking for any/all advice and opinions.

Thanks, Rob Gordon

Old 05-12-2007, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)