View Single Post

The nice thing about a TIG weld is what it looks like on the outside is what it looks like on the inside of it. Thus you can tell both have decent welds. Now why do some weld fail and others don't . Well More has to do with the base material then anything. If it is stressed(caused by to hot of weld this causes carbide percipitation, or some other pressure stress) The HAZ will break(that is heat affected zone) I think the B&B are fine but They just overcharge for them. I think OBX are really made by QSC which supplies OBX,GSF andall of them are copies of B&B or GHL. See just a big circle. The quality has gone up 10 fold on these products but I would suggest that a side by side test of the B&B and OBX will reveal they both will last about as long. The only advantage the B&B has is the slip joint to allow for expansion. I don't run the slip joint on my SSis setup but it also is v band flanged so they move much easier. plus they are a bit thicker then the B&B and the group. Back to base material There really is no way to verify these companies are using what they say they are unless you send in the part for testing. This is the reason We leave the mill markings on our exhaust components so customers can see they are infact getting 321..

Sand-man enjoy I think you will be good to go for quite a while.

Current project 73 914-6 Gt project rusteration 2.4
Reproduction 914-6 oil tanks, 1-5/8" 914-6 heat exchangers source call 2623647426 or email mbconsulting21 @gmail.com
Old 05-17-2007, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)