Thread: No fuel????
View Single Post

No fuel????

Well I got stranded... only an 1/8 mile from home so no biggie. A friend pulled me into my driveway/garage with his pick-up. Here is what happened.

I was just pulling away from my house fairly enthusiastically but not brutally (warm car I had been driving and just stopped for something, car left running). When I shifted into 3rd I felt something wrong. I thought I hadn't put it fully into gear and it 'popped" back out of gear because the car just stopped accelerating. I realized it WAS in gear so put the clutch in and monkeyed with the gears and clutch thinking my gearbox was the issue.

I was moving fairly fast with both windows down and sunroof open so I guess I couldn't hear that the engine was the real issue until I saw the idiot lights and realized the car was/had shutting down. It seeemd to just slowly die...ljust ike a car that you've let run out of fuel feels.

Car cranks fine but I don't think I have fuel (tank is full). I played with and swapped all the relays and fuses without result. I grounded the overboost switch, no help. I amd prety sure I hear the box and pumps running. I am thinking I still don't have fuel because even when I crank and pump the gas 9just trying anything) I don't get that gas smell like a flooded motor would give. My other thought is the ignition switch, a few months ago the car ran with the keys removed or in the off position for about 15 miuntes and then shut off. I was never able to dulicate that behavior even though I have restarted the car several hundred times since then.

This car only gave me trouble once before when the CDI box went. Funny that was in the exact same spot about 1/8 mile from my house. What gives..do I have the Porsche equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle near my house?? Must I move??

Any help would be great. I will give it one days self medication at home an then it's off to the shop. I just don't have time to mess around too much. I jsut want to try the basic fixes/tests.

Thanks
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 05-20-2007, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)