View Single Post

It appears, after repeatedly examining the film of Matt's moisture induced tank slapper (and showing it to a dozen of my closest friends), that his recovery was fully realized with no further negative consequences save the probable soiling of his riding gear.

However, my guess is, his inexplicable use of the front brake as the bike drifted to the right onto the non-existent shoulder (actually just gravel, grass and variouis detritus) made a success story go to hell in a hand basket.

IOWs, he saved it, but lost it when he punched the front brake with sketchy surface conditions while still rolling about 5 mph. That's the only explanation I can come up with. He totally saved it and the bike was fully under control, then WHAMMM!!

In my humble 35 or so years of riding, the only explanation I can come up with for such a rapid slam down is for the front end to have lost grip completely. Which makes sense looking at the edge of the road....and remembering my own experience with that situation. BTW, I also lost it.

Bummer.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #326 (permalink)