View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
Hi boys/girls. I finally was able to review Ivan's video and have the following comment. But, beforehand, I realize that TM & I are the only husband/wife team here so hopefully you will understand. Continuously he has critical statements to me regarding my riding style. After a while it gets old and the hand comes up to wave him off. However, his comment has always been the same.

As many of you know, I have not been riding that long, but do try to perfect my style each and every ride. As every ride ends, I look at him eagerly as say, "I did well, right? I held my own." I guess he is now just nodding and saying, yes you did.
And, I do know I am improving with each ride. I am able to keep up in speed and developing somewhat of a decent line.

But now I know what he was talking about all along. Speed is not everything at all. In corninging, I am braking too late sometimes or I brake too early sometimes. I'm not consistent. This is jamming up the riders behind me because they do not know what to expect from me. Also, I can see that I'm concentrating on my line and trying to perfect it that I am not being courteous to those riders behind me who may want to pass. This all reminds me of when TM and I would put our M3's on the track. We would get behind an M5 who would almost come to a stop in cornering and then could not pass because on the straight he would accelerate the power of the M5.

I do like riding in the last 1/3rd of the pack and I do like people behind me. I guess I don't want to be left alone. However, I first want to apologize if I have jammed you up and you are just too polite to say something to me and also, I want to apologize if an unsafe situation has occured due to these practices.

These videos are good learning tools and again, this is something to keep in mind when riding in large groups.

I promise I will keep all this in mind during the next III crown and try to perfect the cornering techniques too.

Regards,

Cyndy
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-23-2007, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #368 (permalink)