View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by markjenn
The KLR is a great adventure/exploration bike for gnarly pavement, gravel, forest service roads, and fire roads, but it is simply a lousy dirt/single-track bike, even if you throw $1K of mods at it.

- Mark
That's true. I've learned the limitations of my klr the scarry way! Looked to me that he was more interested in fire roads/jeep roads/ some single track but no "goat trails." Here in Oregon I've run across lots of guys on big KTM's, Husky's, that bought them thinking they would get back into serious trail riding, only to find out that their bodies don't work the same way they did when they were in their twenties,(I can relate) and that these new bikes are way more powerful and heavy than the 250's of their youth. Buy a used cheap klr, ride it for the summer, it's good enough to show you what kind of riding you're really interested in doing, then if you really want the serious off road bike, use the klr as a trade in. Or use the adage "you only live once" and buy whatever calls to you.
08 thruxton 900
82 ascot 500
Old 05-25-2007, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)