View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to BMW Atlanta Send a message via Yahoo to BMW Atlanta
We're going racing with a G650XChallenge next weekend in a 24 hour enduro. We are the only 650cc bike in the line up against alot of big displacement 2 strokes and 400 or 450cc KTM's. We have a very good rider entering it in the IronMan contest, so it's as much about the bike holding up as it is the rider. Will be a good test of the reliability and the effort required to run the bike the full 24hours and see how the results stack up. Willing to bet lap times will not be that far off on the G650XCh. I have ridden it in single track for maybe half a mile here in GA and put on several miles down in FL on another one. It's suprisingly light in feel and was very similar in handling to my 295lb KTM 620 LC4, but smoother power delivery.

Most folks who doubt the G650XCh haven't ridden it or like myself need all the help they can get with lighter racebred bikes which is a compromise in the dual sport/highway department.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)