View Single Post

Garage
930 tranny seized

After only a few hundred miles on my newly rebuild 930 transmission, it completely "seized" on th road the other day.

I was coming home from a customer visit, and I had a feeling that I hade to "force" the car to keep up the speed, by pressing harder on the accel pedal. You know, you some time feel like this after driving for a long time at the same speed on the freeway. I dind't think more about it. Until suddenly, the car joldet a couple of times like I had suddenly gone off the accel pedal. It was alarming so I decided it was time to get of the freeway, where I had been cruising at 75 mph for about an hour. Once off the freeway, I lost speed quickly, and suddenly the rear wheels lockes like I was standing on the brake.

I am unable to push the car in neutral (if it really is in neutral), and I can only shift into third. The only way to move the car, is by pressing the clutch all the way in.

What can be the problem here? A seized bearing?

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Sigh... I had just got the car back on the road after painting and mounting my new dp front spoiler ..... Hope to have this sorted soon, and I'm working on dropping the engine/tranny now.

Rebuild story here: Rebuilding my 930 tranny
1972 BMW 3.0S

Last edited by aseem; 05-26-2007 at 02:32 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)