Thread: Ot: Gas Prices
View Single Post

Where do I come up with this? I do research, read a lot and just use common sense. As my daddy use to say, 'figures can lie and liars can figure'. He also use to say, 'there are three sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth. So take what you want from what you read. I'm sure we can all twist it to fit our position.

What I have read, there are estimates of 4.5 trillion barrels of potentially recoverable oil. Read the rest at http://www.runet.edu/~wkovarik/oil/ If you don't like what you read there then find something that you do like.

As for gouging, don't confuse large net profit dollars with large profit. Don't forget how much a company has to spend to make the revenue and then a profit. If you think the oil companies 10% profit is gouging then what about every company that makes over 10% profit, should they be scorned and forced to give up their profits? Microsoft made 3 billion profit on 9 billion revenue, is that gouging? I think the only problem with oil companies is that they are too big. They should have never been aloud to merge.

Lets ride and burn more fuel so my stock value and dividends increase.

Philip
Old 05-26-2007, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)