View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by aseem
sand_man: thanks for your support. I still think you should be hable to tackle the tranny rebuild yourself. Its not that difficult with the help of this forum; pluss you learn a lot!! Just make shure you take pics when dismounting så you can put it together in the right order. Follow this thread, and you'll find out if I screwed up, and then avoid doing the same mistake.

herman: as stated in previous post. Oil in both engine and tranny looked good. No metal pieces to cause concern. I only wish i tried to start the engine before draining and removing oil lines, but I'm pretty shure its not the engine.

If no other posters have better ideas, I'll go ahead and drop the engine, and split the tranny. Hopefully, I will see whats causing this.

My bad... I didnt catch that . I think you should go ahead and split the tranny ( thats what I would do ) but the only thing that bothers me is if I made the same mistake 2 times, which I probably would . If a bearing jamed on you maybe the bearing seats are worn ( to loose) . I cant see a bearing jamming a transmission though. It has to be jammed gear.

good luck. I know how much it sucks to have to tear apart everything 2-3 times.... enough times to make a sane man crazy
Old 05-27-2007, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)