View Single Post

No worries Scott. I'm just remembering Reg Pridmore yanked me off the track for pushing the bike into a turn with my body above the bike rather than the other way around. He called it "dirt bikin" or "dirt trackin" cant remember which. It is a style that works under certain circumstances. Heck, the motard guys do it big time!! I found myself riding that GS the same way out there in CA. You're right, no need to hang off to hustle that bike around.

Hey Scott, Roger, Ivan, I just picked up a copy of BIKE (UK mag) and there are two good articles concerning the GS and other trailies as they call em over there. One about which is faster, a trailie or a supersport or a motard etc. and one article on the best tyres for big trailies (i.e. GS and VStroms). I thought you guys might like to check that out.

And for the rest of you Beemer fans, there is mention of new potential 2007 release of the track ready R1200 HP version. oooooohhh gotta have that!!!! plus it's black.

I spent the day at my folks house yestereday. We watched the tapes I made (from the helmet cam; monkey on a GS cam) for two solid hours. They really dug it.

Meanwhile, it's raining like crazy in normally dry Texas. All the best to everyone.

Kerry

Last edited by kjazz; 05-28-2007 at 03:36 PM..
Old 05-28-2007, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #461 (permalink)