Thread: Window trim
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by AngM018
I have chrome front, rear, and I'm guessing sides as well (looks more like a brushed aluminum that has browned) on my 79 930.
76 through 77 had chrome front and rear and side window trim.

In 78 the side window trim was anodized blk which did not hold up well and that is the "browned" look you are seeing now. Blk front and rear trim on 78 & 79 I believe was an option.. some cars had it some did not.

Simplest thing to do is mask the car up, scuff all the trim with a scotch pad and spray it black. After scuffing wipe it down with prep-solv to remove any wax or oils. I would then use a zink chromate or etching primer to give the trim paint some bite.
Wurth and couple others make very good trim paint. Check at an auto paint supply store.

As far as the 964 trim goes.. I hear that the early seal and window ar the ones to use for the front. The rear seal should work on the stock 930 glass. Think I'm going down this road also when winter sets in again...very clean look.

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)