View Single Post
Custom User Title

I was in a bit of a funk a few years ago. All of my experience was in sales and I had come to hate it. I bought a book called "what next?"by Barbara Moses. Its one of the many career books out there but I picked it up and poured through it.

Frustratingly it seemed to point to the fact that what I was doing was mostly what I should be doing in my life. The author stated that if you really hated your job you would have quit in a week and never went back. As I continued to read I discovered what I liked and what I didnt in my job and started to look for a new job that had the positives attributes but not the negatives.

In my case I am still in sales but I dont have the pressure of a monthly quota or an axe hanging over my head. I wish the pay was more (dont we all) but overall I am happy and feel good about my job.

good luck, life is too short to work at something you hate. You spend close to 2000 hours a year working, make them good ones.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)