View Single Post

Garage
I'm a virgin.. well .. not anymore

I got a flat today for the first time ever on 4 wheels, of course it was in my Porsche. I've learned a couple of things from this event, but let me tell you, talk about an uncomofrtable feeling. My valve ended up being the culprit and I cut my tire up pretty good in the process. I ordered 2 new tires now prematurely.. but oh well, that's the price of it I guess.

1) The jack supplied with the car is phenomenal. As I stood on the side of the road in my flip flops, sleeveless shirt(seemed more appropriate than saying wife beater), and shorts, cranking away at this thing. It was so easy to use compared to others I've seen out there. Thoroughly impressed with the whole process, worked like a charm and I was done in about 5 minutes (felt like 20 though). Cranks easy, and the compressor works great (that's what takes the longest).

2) I once considering the weight savings and carrying a can of that tire inflater stuff.. . With the valve cut, that would have been useless.

That's my contribution ofr today..I hope you're sitting on your couch reading this and having a good laugh at picturing me in my outfit perofrming this task!
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 05-31-2007, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)