View Single Post

I am using a permanantly mounted wideband in the dash to monitor AFRs. No good way of pinpointing exactly when I hit .4 B of boost.

I do have Brian's adjustable WUR which in and of itself made a huge improvement in a lean condition I had previously been experiencing at high RPMS (5.5k +).

The install was straight forward of the solenoid. Take your time cutting into the pre-existing wiring and know in advance that you need to pull off the intercooler to reach the mounting point for the valve and you are all set.

I took it out initially with the 4200 chip installed and found that I was dumping down into the high 10s when enrichment kicked in. Installed the 4400 chip and found slightly better AFRs but noticed that up until the point of enrichment I was running at 12.8-13.0 (maybe that isn't all that bad).

Car is DEFINITELY more responsive in the midrange. Previously I had to dump into the real low 10s somewhere in the high 3000 RPMs in order to maintain decent AFRS on full boost at high RPMS.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)