View Single Post

Too far back? It's on the back seat, which is actually FORWARD of where the center of the factory cases are.

Now, "too high up", I might be inclined to see your point. But it's certainly no farther back than a passenger or the factory cases would be, and much farther forward than a GIVI topcase. It also hangs down on either side, which gives it a CoG much lower than a GIVI.

And, I'm happy to see that someone else knows about TwistedThrottle. They've got some pretty nice stuff for fairly reasonable prices.

As far as Chicago BMW, they keep almost NOTHING in stock and rarely, if ever, look up part numbers for you, so they therefore have very little parts overhead. I'm sure that, if they could, they would probably drop-ship from BMW to your house, but BMWNA would probably yank their license in a heartbeat. They also rush-order about 90% of their parts when they place their order with BMW, which adds 6% to their cost. At a 20% discount, they're still a few bucks ahead on most stuff.

If it's an item that you need, or for an older bike, you're better off getting it from someone that you know has it in stock, or you could be waiting a long time. IMHO, of course...

Former bikes: '93 R100R, '93 K1100LT, '02 R1150RT, '03 K1200GT, '97 F650ST

Last edited by squall_line; 06-01-2007 at 07:36 AM..
Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)