Thread: GS Lust?
View Single Post

Garage
Had this same lust for a GS, wanted a SUV bike , ended up with the Buell XB12X,this was after lots of riding and research. Gs is probably the pick of all the duel purpose machines , for the same reasons the R11s was such a good bike. I wanted a different experience some dirt track exploration, but in reality, I only do a bit of dirt once in a while, these things all are a very big compromise as "off road" bikes , and my skills are in my head and in the past. I don't regret the Uly,it has a tractor engine, R11s gear box , no dealer network ( hardly dealers in Australia), R11s surge ( due to the way the emissions are met), also has Big Grin factor , great looks, good handling. I get as many people asking me what it is as I did with the S when it was new. Price was not part of my equation, but the XB12X is reasonable in Australia. Belt drive leaves shaft, and spare belt,( lifetime replacement guarantee), is easier to carry than spare shaft bits. I don't regret selling the S , I will buy another BM, I doubt if I'll buy another Buell, BMW is constantly implementing new technologies, Buell tries to work out how to put old technologies into nice handling frames.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)