View Single Post

Question A question for all the A/F guru's

I have a 79 930 which is currently undergoing a complete engine rebuild with some upgrades. Everything is at EBS being machined, and I need to get an idea of which path to take when it all comes back.

Will I be ok with keeping the stock fuel distributor with the these upgrades (listed below) or do I have to go ahead and upgrade to my other fuel distributor (a euro already re-worked for more fuel output).

If i go to my upgraded fuel distributor I know I will need the adjustable WUR and solenoid, but I need to conserve money at this point. The question I have is can I get away without all of this until later or will I have air/fuel mixtures that could detonate my engine?

Upgrades:

-3.3 upgraded to 3.4 Mahle pistons and cylinders 7.5:1 compression
-Twin plugged (going to block off second plug for now, but should still change the compression somewhat b/c of the additional area)
-Andial Intercooler
-SSI custom headers
-either a K27 or K27 HF turbo

Thank you in advance for any input you can give.

P.S. The complete story of my car, and the rebuild (w/pics) will be posted when I am closer to the rebuild stage
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 06-03-2007, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)