Thread: GS Lust?
View Single Post

After further review, I'm with Markjenn. When I had my '92 GS, I mostly used it as a road bike with quite a few rides on mostly civilized dirt roads. I did, however, actually go offfroad with it several times, and I can attest that it was a handful on a slippery single track or in deep hard ruts. More than once it slammed me down with some pretty shattering violence...and it was tough to pick up (especially in mud or on an off camber hillside)...and that was 7-10 years ago when I was a lot tougher than I am now.

That's why I find myself leaning more toward the KTM, Honda XR650L (with a bigger tank), or even the Suzuki DR650S...they are all fairly light and the Honda and Suzuki are aircooled (lighter and simpler)...and like stephen914, I had a great S ride this weekend through the Blackhills, and I'm leaving for Beartooth Hwy tomorrow morn on the way to visit a friend with two KTMs in Rossland, B.C...so it'll be good to have the S and a competent dualsport.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)