View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Well, I have the damn thing running now. My main concern is oil showing up in the tailpipe. Maybe the rings haven't seated yet (I hope). Could be the vent hose from the oil tank I have in the air filter housing.

Car is set to 5 PSI boost for now. I have to do a bit of tweaking on the Brian Leask WUR (which is a fine unit, BTW), but I'm seeing AFR's in the low 12's at boost, and low 13's in cruise, which I think is OK. I will get an initial high 11-ish reading when I first get the boost on. I have a permanent AFR mounted at the dash.

The water injector needs some more tweaking also, just on where I bring it on, and the deadband to when it closes down. I installed two temp gauges; one in the air inlet, and one in the airbox plenum section where the intake runners go out. I haven't been able to sustain any boost, such as I would see on the track, but I was able to keep it on boost for about a minute straight, going up a long hill. I was getting a maximum of 40 degree temperature rise. For comparison, I think the temperature rise looks to be about 20 degrees, without any boost. I don't have any numbers from a conventional intercooler setup to compare it to, but I think the water injector works pretty well. We'll see when I turn the boost back up to 7 PSI.

And, yeah, it goes pretty good. I really can't imagine what a big HP high boost car is like, but my wimpy little setup makes an awfully lot more power than the old N/A setup.

And, thanks to all of you guys for the help and encouragement!!!!

Pat
Old 06-04-2007, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)