View Single Post

Garage
same here. have changed tire sets about 6~8 times. not a scratch yet. and the rims seem to be stronger than the tire changing machine, so no worries there either.

about the only thing you want is a patient tire changing guy, someone who won't just slap on a tire and glue down a bunch of weights. sometimes it's worth a few extra minutes to fiddle around with a tire/wheel combo, moving the tire around on the rim to find the best sweet spot before adding in any balancing weights. most guys won't do it, a few (like my ducati dealer), is happy to accommodate, and bill accordingly (it's an extra $10 per wheel).

haven't had any noticable stability problems, but it does take some time to adjust to CF wheels. if you flick the bike into a corner like you do with stock wheels, you'll find yourself rubbing shoulder with a mountain, or in my case, riding through the ice plant that borders the fwy on-ramp. the bike is much more responsive.

Disclaimer: Your screams of terror (price) and giggles of joy (performance) may vary. See your demented dealer for details.

PS: Hey Jeff, what's a "Randon" act of kindness?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)